YMCA Plymouth’s diverse range of group fitness classes are a fun and motivational way to stay active. We offer over 17 different classes, so whether you are looking for something to get you dancing or something to leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed, you can find what suits you.
Our Quality Standard
We’ve been delivering group fitness classes in Plymouth for over 30 years and ensure all our instructors hold relevant national body qualifications and are experienced in leading fitness classes. We’re proud of our ability to offer the best standard of group fitness in Plymouth at an affordable price.
Our Fitness Classes
Due to the coronavirus we are operating a limited timetable.
Click here to view
Click to enlarge class timetable
Using moves from Karate, Taekwon-Do, kickboxing and Tai Chi. It is an empowering, athletic workout that will have you “fighting fit” in record time!
CARDIO & CORE
The perfect mix – A cardio workout to burn calories together with core work for a flatter stomach, improved body shape and posture.
Cardiovascular & weight training exercises to increase stamina, strength and fitness. Participants can vary the intensity to suit their fitness level needs.
Choreographed step routines for an effective cardio workout – great for toning the thighs and bums.
An exciting dance style workout with the lights turned down and the disco turned up!
The ultimate fun and sociable way to exercise. Featuring chart-topping popular hits and simple but seriously hot dance movies, SH’BAM™ is the perfect way to shape up-even if you’re dance challenged.
MUSCULAR STRENGTH & CONDITIONING
The original barbell class, will sculpt, tone and strengthen your entire body. Great music and your choice of weights inspire you to get the results you came for – and fast
LEGS, BUMS & TUMS
A complete body workout for new and experienced exercisers wishing to shape and tone those notoriously difficult areas.
Define, tone and strengthen your entire body using the stability ball.
Knockout session combining boxing & circuits.
YOUNG AT HEART
Fun fitness for the more mature!
ALIGN & DEFINE
A combination of Yoga, Tai Chi & Pilates to improve your flexibility, strength and overall posture. A class of structured moves, stretches and poses that give you a great workout while leaving you feeling relaxed and renewed.
A great way to improve muscular balance, strength and posture.
YOGA – NEW
A combination of traditional Hatha yoga, holding poses whilst relaxing and focusing on breathing, alongside vinyasa flowing movements. Together these improve strength & flexibility and help improve your mental wellbeing.
A 30 min class designed to tighten and tone the abs and strengthen the lower back.
30 minutes of High Intensity Interval Training to get you fitter faster!
- YMCA is a membership organisation and an annual association fee or daily usage fee is required.
- Contact us to confirm your booking. Payment can be done upon your arrival at the centre for your first session.
|5 Classes for £10 Offer!|
|Try 5 classes for only £2 each
(Exclusively for new customers – click here to find out more)
|UNLIMITED CLASSES & GYM
|Monthly subscription||£26 | £27 p/m*|
|20 Sessions||£67 | £71*|
|Adult||£4 | £4.25*|
|Youth (16-18, or valid student card)||£2.50 | £2.65*|
*Price from 1st April 2020
*Why not mix and match? With block booking or the ‘5 for 10’ offer, you can use your sessions for either group fitness classes or the gym.
YMCA Charity Membership
To take out any gym or fitness package you will need to become a YMCA charity member, which is an annual subscription in addition to your fitness package. Alternatively, you can use the facility with a small daily fee.
Our charity membership is equivilant to less than 7p per day, but as an independant charity it is vital to supporting our local community provision such as disability sports clubs, medical fitness programmes and youth services.
If you would like to know more about our work as a charity click here.
|Adult (18+)||£25 per year|
|Student (16 – 17 or valid Student card)||£14 per year|
|Junior (Under 16)||£9 per year|
|Senior (60+)||£14 per year|
|Family (2 Adults, 2 Children)||£48 per year|
|Daily usage fees|
Simply get in touch with us or visit or centre to get started today!
Call: 01752 201918
Message us on Facebook
Here’s 5 reasons to choose getting fit at YMCA!
- Our Staff – All our staff have a wealth of experience and qualifications. Equally, our team are down-to-earth and know what it’s like to get started on your journey (they weren’t always super fit!), so they’ll be there to help you. Plus, our gym is always manned, by somone ready to give you support and guidance.
- Free Parking – And lots of it! We have ample free parking space right at our centre, so that’s one thing you don’t need to worry about. Alternatively, if you’re taking the bus there’s a stop right outside the centre on the 61/62 route, or 10 minute walk from Outland road.
- We’re a charity and that supports local people – YMCA Plymouth is a non-profit organisation and every penny that we make goes back into the local community. Helping people to get active and lead healthy lifestyles is one of our core aims – so you can rest assured that we are genuinely here for you. Equally, your membership helps support a range of charitable services which not be sustanable without you.
- We’re independant – Despite YMCA being a global movment, we’re structured in a way that every YMCA is an independent charity. When YMCA Plymouth was founded in 1848 it was an effort by Plymouth people who wanted to address local needs. 172 years later, that’s not changed, and we want to keep it that way.
- There’s plenty to choose from – Staying fit and active is about finding what you enjoy and what works for you. We have one of the biggest selections of group fitness classes in the city, a range of affordable personal training options and an extensive fitness suite. And that’s not all – we also have plently of sports and activity clubs run at the centre throughout the week. So whether it’s badminton, roller derby or climbing, there’s plenty to explore.