Our Gym – The Fitness Suite
At the YMCA Plymouth gym You will find a full range of cardiovascular equipment, and resistance machines, including treadmills, rowing machines and exercise bikes.
The gym is a complete fitness suite that also contains a functional training zone complete with free weights, power rack, powerbags, kettlebells, medicine balls, suspension trainer (TRX) and CardioWalls.
Our affordable personal training aims to get you the maximum results in the minimum time. Our trainers will tailor a structured programme that works for you. You can expect guidance and support from your trainer enabling you to learn new skills, improve technique, give you health and nutrition guidance, and support you to reach your goal.
Whatever your aim and level of fitness, they will ensure you reach your target whether it be better health or improved body tone or sport performance. Click below to see the bios of our trainers and view our fantastic prices at the bottom of this page.
We are committed to delivering a gym experience suited to everyone. Whether you have additional needs, are new to the gym environment or are an athlete with a training target, our friendly and approachable staff with their years of experience are aim to help you get the most out of your fitness.
- Annual YMCA Association fee or daily usage fee is required. For further details please see the bottom of this page.
- Don’t forget to Contact us to confirm your booking. Payment can be made upon your arrival at the centre for your first session.
|6 Month Pass||£85|
|12 Month Pass||£160|
|GROUP FITNESS CLASSES & GYM PACKAGES|
|Unlimited Fitness Classes & Gym Membership*||£26 p/m|
|Block Booking – 20 Sessions||£67|
|Adult Pay as you go (18+)||£4|
|Youth Pay as you go||£2.50|
|Gym Induction (compulsory)||FREE|
*Includes unlimited access to our range of Group fitness classes
**Why not mix and match? With block booking you can use your sessions for either group fitness classes or the fitness suite.
|10 x 30 minutes||£85|
|10 x 60 minutes||£150|
|60 minutes group training (maximum 5 people)||£25|
YMCA Charity Membership
To take out any gym or fitness package you will need to become a YMCA charity member, which is an annual subscription in addition to your fitness package. Alternatively, you can use the facility with a small daily fee.
Our charity membership is equivilant to less than 7p per day, but as an independant charity it is vital to supporting our local community provision such as disability sports clubs, medical fitness programmes and youth services.
If you would like to know more about our work as a charity click here.
|Student (16 – 17 or valid Student card)||£14|
|Junior (Under 16)||£9|
|Family (2 Adults, 2 Children)||£48|
|DAILY USAGE FEE|
Get started today. Simply contact us or visit our centre to join.
Call: 01752 201918
Message us on Facebook
Here’s 5 reasons to choose getting fit at YMCA!
- Our Staff – All our staff have a wealth of experience and qualifications. Equally, our team are down-to-earth and know what it’s like to get started on your journey (they weren’t always super fit!), so they’ll be there to help you. Plus, our gym is always manned, by somone ready to give you support and guidance.
- Free Parking – And lots of it! We have ample free parking space right at our centre, so that’s one thing you don’t need to worry about. Alternatively, if you’re taking the bus there’s a stop right outside the centre on the 61/62 route, or 10 minute walk from Outland road.
- We’re a charity and that supports local people – YMCA Plymouth is a non-profit organisation and every penny that we make goes back into the local community. Helping people to get active and lead healthy lifestyles is one of our core aims – so you can rest assured that we are genuinely here for you. Equally, your membership helps support a range of charitable services which not be sustanable without you.
- We’re independant – Despite YMCA being a global movment, we’re structured in a way that every YMCA is an independent charity. When YMCA Plymouth was founded in 1848 it was an effort by Plymouth people who wanted to address local needs. 172 years later, that’s not changed, and we want to keep it that way.
- There’s plenty to choose from – Staying fit and active is about finding what you enjoy and what works for you. We have one of the biggest selections of group fitness classes in the city, a range of affordable personal training options and an extensive fitness suite. And that’s not all – we also have plently of sports and activity clubs run at the centre throughout the week. So whether it’s badminton, roller derby or climbing, there’s plenty to explore.