Our gym will be operating limited opening times for an interim period and require booking into sessions. click here for details.
Our Gym – The Fitness Suite
At the YMCA Plymouth gym You will find a full range of cardiovascular equipment, and resistance machines, including treadmills, rowing machines and exercise bikes.
The gym is a complete fitness suite that also contains a functional training zone complete with free weights, power rack, powerbags, kettlebells, medicine balls, suspension trainer (TRX) and CardioWalls.
Our affordable personal training aims to get you the maximum results in the minimum time. Our trainers will tailor a structured programme that works for you. You can expect guidance and support from your trainer enabling you to learn new skills, improve technique, give you health and nutrition guidance, and support you to reach your goal.
Whatever your aim and level of fitness, they will ensure you reach your target whether it be better health or improved body tone or sport performance. Click below to see the bios of our trainers and view our fantastic prices at the bottom of this page.
We are committed to delivering a high quality gym experience suited to everyone. Whether you are new to the gym environment, training with a training target, our friendly and experienced staff are here to help you reach your goals.
|Monthly Membership||£18 p/m|
|6 Month Pass||£90 (£15 p/m)|
|12 Month Pass||£168 (£14 p/m)|
|GROUP FITNESS CLASSES & GYM PACKAGES|
|Unlimited Fitness Classes & Gym Membership*||£27 p/m|
|Adult Pay as you go (18+)||£4.25|
|Youth Pay as you go||£2.65|
|Gym Induction (compulsory)||FREE|
*Includes unlimited access to our range of Group fitness classes
**Why not mix and match? With block booking you can use your sessions for either group fitness classes or the fitness suite.
|10 x 30 minutes||£90|
|10 x 60 minutes||£160|
|60 minutes group training (maximum 5 people)||£30|
|30 minutes group training (maximum 5 people)||£18|
YMCA Charity Membership
To take out any gym or fitness package you will need to become a YMCA charity member, which is an annual subscription in addition to your fitness package. Alternatively, you can use the facility with a small daily fee.
Our charity membership is equivalent to less than 7p per day, but as an independent charity it is vital to supporting our local community provision such as disability sports clubs, medical fitness programmes and youth services.
If you would like to know more and find about our work as a charity click here.
|Student (16 – 17 or valid Student card)||£14|
|Junior (Under 16)||£9|
|Family (2 Adults, 2 Children)||£48|
|DAILY USAGE FEE|
Get started today. Simply contact us or visit our centre to join.
Call: 01752 201918
Message us on Facebook
Why YMCA Plymouth?
Here’s 5 reasons to choose getting fit at our gym!
- Our Staff – All our staff have a wealth of experience and qualifications. Equally, our team are down-to-earth and know what it’s like to get started on your fitness journey. Plus, our gym is always manned by friendly staff ready to give you support and guidance.
- Free Parking – We have ample free parking space right at our centre, so that’s one thing you don’t need to worry about. Alternatively, if you’re taking the bus there’s a stop right outside the centre on the 61/62 route, or 10 minute walk from Outland road.
- We’re a charity and that supports local people – YMCA Plymouth is a non-profit organisation and every penny that we make goes back into the local community. Helping people to get active and lead healthy lifestyles is one of our core aims – so you can rest assured that we are genuinely here for you. Equally, your membership helps support a range of charitable services which not be sustainable without you.
- We’re local – YMCA is known across the world, but we are in fact a network of local independent charities. YMCA Plymouth was founded in 1848 as an effort by Plymouth people to help local people in “mind, body & spirit”. 172 years later, that’s not changed.
- There’s plenty to choose from – Staying fit and active is about finding what you enjoy and what works for you. We have one of the biggest selections of group fitness classes in the city, a range of affordable personal training options and an extensive fitness suite. And that’s not all – we also have plenty of sports and activity clubs run at the centre throughout the week.